Areas of Specialization & Expertise
Medical & Forensic Support Services
- Medical Expert Opinion & Testimony
- Comprehensive Review of Medical Records, Depositions, Statements, Reports, Material Safety Data Sheets, & Environmental Data (Narrative & Chronology)
- Meticulous Analysis of All Information to Determine Cause & Effect Relationship
- Extensive Literature Searches to Prove or Disprove Causation & Provide Scientific Evidence
- Comprehensive Reports / Statements / Affidavits
- Case Analysis, Planning, & Recommendations
- Examination of Patients
- Evaluation of Publications Authored by Opposing Experts
- Preparation of Deposition Questions for Opposing Experts
- Educating the Parties on Medical Causation
About Forensic Toxicology
What is forensic toxicology?
To understand forensic toxicology, we will examine the meaning of forensic and the meaning of toxicology.
Forensic means the application of science to decide questions arising from crime or litigation. The origin of the word forensic comes from the Latin
"of legal proceedings". Forensic medicine is medicine in its relation to law.
Toxicology means the study of the nature, effects, and detection of poisons and the treatment of poisoning
The Forensic Toxicologist applies the science of poisons to the law.
Information About Dr. Brautbar, M.D.
- Dr. Brautbar has extensive experience in establishing or disputing causation based on evaluation of discovery evidence and application of recognized scientific evidence.
- Dr. Brautbar is board-certified in internal medicine, nephrology, and forensic medicine, with a specialization in toxicology.
- Dr. Brautbar has provided expert medical opinion and scientific evidence in product liability and toxic tort cases throughout the United States. He has been qualified as a expert in Toxicology and Internal Medicine Nephrology Pharmacology in over 60 court testimonials
- Dr. Brautbar is a Clinical Professor of Medicine at USC School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, and has served as Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Department of Medicine at the Queen of Angels/Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Dr. Brautbar teaches medicine nationally and internationally and has published over 240 scientific peer reviewed papers, abstracts and book chapters.
- Dr. Brautbar has testified on behalf of the people of California on issues of Toxicology in both state senate and congress
- Dr. Brautbar has testified in the United states senate on issues of Toxicology.
- Dr. Brautbar was the treating physician of the first cases of the famous Hinkley water contamination case, which is known as the movie Erin Brockovich.
- Dr. Brautbar is a frequent speaker on local and national TV on toxicology issues such as mercury, lead and asbestos.
- Dr. Brautbar has been awarded a certificate of recognition by the city of Los Angeles for his contributions to the teaching and research of medicine.
- Dr. Brautbar is the co-chair of the Education Committee of the California Society of Industrial Medicine and Surgery (CSIMS).
- Dr. Brautbar taught state court judges at the National Judicial College on medical causation and was the reviewer of the chapter on medical causation and toxicology for the 2000 manual on Scientific Evidence to Federal Judges.
Toxic Molds: Revisited (2007)
Indoor Toxic Molds and their Symptoms
Read Article »